Our Company History
Our company history is easily described as humble beginnings. Adrian Nixon, a scientist and business consultant, began a private research project, providing his scientific analysis. His goal was to create information and understanding about the emerging world of graphene and other 2D materials.
Adrian realized he had discovered a valuable resource in simplifying complex science into an easy-to-understand one-page analysis.
As the pace of global development activity increased around the world, the project quickly became a significant regular undertaking.
- 2013 Number of graphene academic papers published = 14,600
- Establishes a base to show the rate of increase
- 2014 Number of graphene academic papers published = 15,561
- 2017 Number of graphene academic papers published = 25,000
- Nixene Journal emerged as a subscription-only monthly publication, no advertisements accepted, in order to maintain an unbiased perspective
- @NixeneP Twitter account established; LinkedIn presence by Adrian
- 2019 Number of graphene academic papers published = +127,546
- Nixene Publishing firmly established its global leadership in clear, concise, unbiased graphene and 2D materials communication, focused on science, not hype
- May: Briefed the US Government and policy makers on Capitol Hill
- December: Briefed graphene industry experts at the National Graphene Institute (NGI)
- Interviewed Nobel prizewinning physicist Professor Andre Geim on stage at the NGI
Adrian Nixon and Andre Geim at the National Graphene Institute, December 2019
- 2020 Number of graphene academic papers published (data tba)
- Industry partnerships expanded to include nanotechnology events & organizations
- Affiliate member of the Graphene Engineering Innovation Centre (GEIC) at Manchester University
- Added 5 Social Media platforms: LinkedIn company page; Facebook groups; Instagram; and Pinterest.
- We established video production of 1-2 videos per week, with nearly 50 videos by year end
Nixene Publishing subscribers include Universities and some of the largest corporations in the world.
One CEO said our videos have “an “ABC style” which readily explain complex scientific concepts to potential clients, with clarity from complexity.
Our videos and copyright free graphics are circulated by stakeholders as marketing tools.
Ana Ballestar, Chief Technology Officer at Graphene GreenTech, S.L. offered this,
“I follow Nixene Publishing and its activities, congratulations on your work! Really interesting and insightful.”
We seek to continually learn and expand our information products. Ideas or suggestions? Click here to drop us a line. We look forward to hearing from you.